We have moved to OtiStories.com and would no longer post here. See you there...

THE GUILT Pt 1

November 07, 2017 by



Hello house!! I got a job 2 months after my first child clocked one after job hunting for about 10 years.



That day I felt so excited that I couldn’t wait for my husband to return from work. I couldn’t believe that I would now join the women who live in my neighborhood to hurry every morning to work. Ever since we married and moved to that neighborhood, neighbors have been asking questions about what I do for a living. At a time, a rumor went out that I was an uneducated housewife. I don’t know who started the rumor but one thing I was sure of was that the rumor really spread far to the extent ladies from 2-3 streets away would point fingers as I walked past. Well, I felt they were all jealous because of my looks. I never allowed my been unemployed stop me from dressing well and even better that the other women in my neighborhood so, that made me conclude easily that they were only been jealous.

That day my husband returned a bit late from work. When he came in he looked at me with surprise then he asked “what happened today?”. I wasn’t expecting such a question so I asked him why he asked that question since I was sure that no one else had known about my employment that day. But he just smiled without saying a word and then went straight to the dining table. 


2 minuets Into his meal I broke the news. He gave a long loud laugh and said, “no wonder you didn’t frown at my returning late from work today.... I see...congrats babe...”. So, I went further to give him details about the job. Then, his smile suddenly dropped when I told him I was going to be the company’s secretary to the MD.
He said he didn’t like the job and that I should decline. That was the craziest thing I never expected my husband could say.  I got furious at him and then walked away. 

Weeks went by and we were not communicating with one another. He was bent on his decision and I was bent on mine. On few occasions, I asked him why he didn’t want me to take the job but he replied that he had no reason at all and that he didn’t just feel right about the job. Of course I can’t just quit the job because my husband doesn’t feel right about it. I told him that he didn’t have enough reason for me to quit the job: a high paying one at that. I told him not to worry and that he would certainly feel right about it once I begin to receive my fat salary.

Few days after the confrontation, we finally returned back to talking terms and a week after, I was paid my first salary. I was well paid and my salary always paid consistently without delays.

But to my utmost amazement...... Click here for  Part 2


Thank you for reading.
 
Keep a date with otistories.blogspot.com everyday for new stories!
  

“Read previous story - The wedding mystery “