We have moved to OtiStories.com and would no longer post here. See you there...

THE GUILT Pt2

November 09, 2017 by



...my husband wasn’t an hitch moved about his resolve. My fat salary didn’t even shift him a bit. And this gave me serious concerns but I soon got over them because I couldn’t imagine me returning to my jobless and broke state after experiencing what it fees like to be employed and well paid.


It was only 10months after my employment that my eyes were eventually unveiled and I could clearly see what my husband could see at once.
That day we had a lot to do at the office that everyone, even my boss had to stay extra time.
Worse off I had the greatest heap to finish so I stayed really late compared to others. On seeing this and considering the fact that I was married, my boss decided to stay back till I finished so he could drop me off. Of course I was very grateful so, I hurried on my job till I was done and then I went over to his office to let him know that I was ready to go.


He nodded, smiled then told me to sit and that he would like to discuss something with me. That I did, and he began...
“Mrs Galo I really love your dedication to work undermining your commitment as a wife and a mother. I saw that work focused spirit in you on the day of your job interview that was why I got you employed. You are just what the company needs at a time like this. Please could you tell me more about yourself and how you got to develop such work focused spirit?”


I thanked him and told him how long I had sought for a job and how ready I was to give my all to the job I would eventually get. I told him I have an unquenchable zeal to succeed and that I am very determined to rise to the peak of my career.

After listening to me, he screamed WOW! rose up, walked up to me and asked me for a hug. He claimed that he was highly impressed and that he felt like giving me a hug as an appraisal for my determination and compensation for the long wait and search for a Job. That was it....

Thank you for reading.
 
Keep a date with otistories.blogspot.com everyday for new stories!