We have moved to OtiStories.com and would no longer post here. See you there...

THE SILENT PLEA Pt 1

November 22, 2017 by

As I sat there brooding and worrying about my son, a lady of about my age walked up to me. She said she had been watching me from afar and that it looked to her that I am in deep pains. I smiled at her and thanked her for showing concern and then told her that I was ok.  I expected her to leave but instead, she sat down by me touched me and said “You can Share. A problem shared is a problem half solved”

READ PREVIOUS STORY ”THE CHURCH MONSTER”

That was not the first time I heard a statement like that but in some way I felt lighter within me and was comfortable with discussing with this lady. So I told her that I was thinking of my son and that I was really confused on what to do. This time she drew closer to me, nodded and told me to go on. I sighed and after about three minutes, I began to narrate it all to her.....

2 years ago my son got married to his lovely wife. After their wedding they moved to western Nigeria because his wife got a lecturing job in one of the universities there; the same university my last son attends.


Because of my love for them whenever my last son leaves for school I’d buy lots and lots of food stuffs for him to take to them. This went on for about a year and 8 months until one faithful day when my son called me from school. He was lamenting heavily, begging me to please send him money.  I was very surprised because he had only left for school 3 days ago and I had settled him as usual. So I asked what the problem was. Hhhmmmm that was when the poor boy narrated to me all that had been happening for the past 1year and 8 months.....

“Mummy!” ...he said.
Do you know that every time I go to school with those loads and many food items, I end up using all the money you gave me for personal keeps to settle the additional transportation charges on the loads? I do that hoping that senior bro would settle me but when I arrive, he and his wife would only thank me and give me nothing. 

I often leave to school hungry with little or no cash and left to beg others for about a month when you’d send something. I’d been bearing this because I know how you are struggling and I don’t want to cause issues between you and them.

Now I left 2 days ago and the same thing happened. I can’t bear hunger this time. I have tried. What baffles me the most is that I still go through all the registration stress and other stressful protocols that students who know Someone or have lecturer friends don’t go through. Time without number I have begged my brother’s wife to help me. She’d tell me no problem. But before i know it I’d get a call from senior brother warning me that.....

Thank you for reading. 
Keep a date with otistories.blogspot.com everyday for new stories