We have moved to OtiStories.com and would no longer post here. See you there...

SO CLOSE- SO FAR Pt 2

December 21, 2017 by


...on the same day my daughter turned 1 year, I  was retrenched at my work place.

I was sad but it didn’t last long because I saw it as an opportunity to actually go stay with my husband and get to live as a family at least for the sake of our daughter. The sad part was how to get a job like this one in Abuja at Owerri where I’d be paid close to 300k per month. Well, I had no choice than to prepare my mind towards what I could find and then hope for the better.  So I picked up my phone and had a call pulled through to hubby.

We exchanged romantic greetings... he sounded as calm as usual until after I told him of my decision to move down to Owerri with our 1 year old daughter since I had recently lost my job.

On hearing that the tone of his voice suddenly changed, he began to sound harsh and then shouted aloud on the phone that I should be ready to get an accommodation for myself since I have decided to come over and that I would never live with him. 

On hearing this my heart skipped a beat. I laughed and thanked him for the joke but he still insisted on what he had said and made it clear to me that it was no joke. I questioned his decision and he told that, that was the way he liked it.

Pretending like I didn’t understand what he had just said, I told him to come live with us in Abuja instead since he doesn’t want us to live with him at Owerri. He laughed and then the tone of his voice changed again. He said “if you think I’d be sleeping and waking up on the same bed with you and then get paid just 100k -200k per month you lie!” and then hung up the call on me.

I broke down in tears and after about an hour of crying I sent him a text stating that I don’t see a reason to continue with the marriage since we could never ever live together as a family and that he should have told me about it before we got married. I was astonished that he didn’t reply the text after 3 days so I prepared my daughter and with a few clothings and headed off to Owerri with out any prior notice to him.

You wouldn’t believe what I saw on getting to his place. TO BE CONTINUED TOMORROW 

Story written by; www.Otistories.blogspot.com