We have moved to OtiStories.com and would no longer post here. See you there...

THE ARGUMENT Final Part

November 30, 2017 by

......that my wife had moved out of the house. I found the note She left for me on the TV set and It read....
GO AND MARRY YOUR STEP MOM!


On reading that rubbish I was filled with mixed feelings at once. I became angry, sad, scared and confused at the same time. Wow... she left! That was when my Ego disappeared. I cried because I love my wife so much and I do not ever want to hurt her. I cried because I regretted beating her. In fact that was the first time and I knew that was the reason she left. I, that initially did not give a damn about her moodiness was suddenly humbled and compelled to go look  for her.

Well, because of the baby I knew she’d be no where else than her father’s house. 

“Now, how do I face her parents to tell them I beat their precious daughter?” ... I panted. 

After some minutes I decided to call my pastor whom  happened to be a marriage counselor for advice and booked an appointment with him for the next day morning.

When I got there I narrated everything to him just as I have narrated to you. He listened to me carefully  and after I was done, he called on his wife to sit with us. She came exchanged greetings with me and sat down beside me. After that he held out his phone and played all I said to his wife’s hearing. I didn’t know he had been recording all that I had said. He played the recording back to my hearing in the presence of his wife. By the time he was done he looked at his wife and then he looked sternly at me. Then he beckoned on his wife. They discussed in low voices for about 3 mins and then returned back to their seats.

Then he held out his phone again to play another recording. This time it was my wife’s voice I heard. She was at his office  the previous day where he did the same thing by recording their conversation. After listening to her side of the issue that she had narrated to the pastor and his wife the previous day I recieved sense!

Because of time I would not be able to narrate all she said but the bottom line remains that all men should really love and show love to their wives. I realized that when it came to handling the home they may be women but when it comes to been your wife, love and romance, they are babies who like attention and petting. Shouting and beating never corrects any woman rather it makes her act stubborn. Only wise men know this key and It is only by this key you can dominate over her.

All the while I felt my wife was acting stupid and challenging my authority Oh!!!! I never knew that all she wanted was to be heard.

From the recording I heard for the very first time that she did show concern and then I realized that since it was not in the area my step mom wanted her to show concern, she didn’t notice them at all.

Again, She didn’t like the way I was easily convinced and persuaded. She said she felt alone because I didn’t defend the love of my life (her) even if she was wrong instead I went ahead to scold her like the enemy. 

This has made her heap the blame on my step mom. Its very easy for wives to feel oppressed by their mother in laws and it lies in the husbands hand because it is when you esteem your wife that she gets to feel secure and open to corrections and good judgements.

So, after listening to the recording of my wife’s discussion with my pastor and his wife I needed not be told by anybody what to do. I thanked both the pastor and his wife dearly and then raced off to my father in-law’s house. 

I wasn’t nervous anymore because I hadn’t gone to beg for my wrong doing but to show that I really loved his daughter so much.

I didn’t apologize, I didn’t beg her. I only prostrated on the floor before her thanking her for all the efforts she had put into my life and our marriage especially those she felt I had never noticed. I kept mentioning them one after the other and after about an hour of mentioning them, it dawned on me that of a truth.. MY WOMAN IS MY EVERYTHING! She went home with me that day feeling appreciated. 

ONLY A FOOLISH MAN WOULD ENGAGE IN AN ARGUMENT WITH HIS WIFE. APPRECIATION, LOVE & TENDERNESS IS THE  WAY. THE END!

READ THE NEXT STORY “The Boy-Male Child” Here

Thank you for reading. 
Keep a date with otistories.blogspot.com everyday for new stories