We have moved to OtiStories.com and would no longer post here. See you there...

THE ARGUMENT Pt 1

November 27, 2017 by

My wife and I decided to pay a short visit to my parents so we traveled to my home town to spend a few days with them.

On getting there that Tuesday, we decided that the entire family did a thanks giving party. So we began to put things in place at once against Sunday that same week.

Eventually the day came, all went well and ended well but not for me.

PREVIOUS STORY “The Silent Plea” Here

After the thanksgiving was over, that same evening I went to get my food from the kitchen. I met my step mom (my mom is late) there. We chatted a bit and then she began to complain about my wife. She complained that my wife didn’t show any concern about anything that was done. Well, I never saw it that way before because my wife is a nursing mother and she barely had time for herself because the baby cries a lot. But looking at my step Mom’s countenance I could see that she was really unhappy. She kept on talking and talking while I stood listening to her and then she ended by saying “if it were to be her family’s thanksgiving wouldn’t she show concern?”.

That statement really made me feel as though my wife didn’t love my family so I took my food and raced upstairs to have a serious talk with her. I was really angry.

To my surprise, I didn’t find her in the room. I only saw our 4 months old baby lying there all alone. That triggered my anger the more.

I had just sat down to eat when I saw her entering the room. She walked  towards me and said that she had been looking for me and would want to know what was for dinner. She said she went downstairs but those downstairs are giving her attitude probably because she didn’t join them to prepare dinner.  

On hearing that, I first of all  told her what was for dinner and then began to scold her. In my words I asked....
“Why didn’t you show concern in the family thanks giving?”

My wife: I don’t understand?

Me: Yes, you didn’t show concern. You just locked yourself up in the room. Is that how you would behave if you go to your family’s house? ...

WIFE: What do you mean? I have been here with you all along. You are aware that the baby has been seriously disturbing and that I managed to bath myself or even eat. When the thanksgiving reception was going on, I managed to make the baby sleep and came downstairs to help but it was you who shouted on me to go and be with the baby. You hadn’t even finished shouting when the baby suddenly began to cry. You know how it has been with me... why are you sounding like this?

ME: CLICK Here FOR PART 2

Thank you for reading. 
Keep a date with otistories.blogspot.com everyday for new stories